Monday, March 5, 2018

Doc's office


So, first I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my article. I realize that you could be doing a number of things other than consuming my content. I also want to thank you, because by participating, you are helping me fulfill my dream to share my message with others.
            Today I had a doctor’s appointment and it was a pretty normal experience. But during my time in the doctor’s office, I realized how much trust we put into doctors. I realized how little I have ever questioned the advice of a doctor. As I thought more about it, I have never even really said anything remotely negative to a doctor. I will admit that it is partly because my mom is a nurse, so by being raised around the medical field, I always held them in high regard. But, I also don’t really want to understand what they are telling me, because if it’s bad, I really don’t want to know.
            I will admit that I love to take the Mary Poppins approach to healthcare, by doing as I’m told, and hoping that whatever is in the medicine bottle will do more good than bad. Because hey, I know that “a spoon full of sugar, helps the medicine go down.” But as I continued downt the medical rabbit hole, I began to think about how many shot are “suggested” depending on the type of life that you live. If you are a big traveler, you should take this medicine and get that shot. If you spend a lot of time around animals, you should get that shot and take this medicine. If you are around children a lot well, you are screwed. But, I think that you get the point. There is a lot of medicine that is being peddled. At the end of the day. If you, eat healthy and exercise, you should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment