Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Wedding Conversation

        So, first I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my article. I realize that you could be doing a number of things other than consuming my content. I also want to thank you, because by participating, you are helping me fulfill my dream to share my message with others.
        So, me and Cassie went to a beautiful wedding this weekend, and Had some very interesting conversations. One of the most interesting conversations was one about the dynamic of who I identified with most in the movie black panther. I had not thought about that dynamic prior to this conversation but after thinking through the two characters that were an option T’Challa and Killmonger, The choice was clear for me I definitely identified more with T’challa. I think that his background which didn’t include very much hardship, mixed with his views on diplomacy over violence resonated with me well. Also, the idea of taking over the world using principles that we have known to cause problems, seems like not learning from the past. So, the conversation went on to compare Martin Luther King and Malcolm X and once again I was more drawn to the principles and methodology of Martin Luther King. I believe that an approach of nonviolence is always the best. Unless, it is a fight or flight situation. The reason I believe that a nonviolent approach is always best unless pushed to violence, is because I never want to deal With the burden that white people coming from slave owner backgrounds now deal with. This burden is one of cognitive dissidents which has absolutely no positive attributes to it except for not acknowledging what has happened. I also would like to be remembered for positive contributions to society and not be remembered in infamy. To that end, I also find it interesting that many positively viewed white men also have a very infamous dynamic to their history, but that conversation will be for another day. 

Also, please enjoy this photo from the wedding




No comments:

Post a Comment