Friday, March 9, 2018

Time, Time, Time


        So, first I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my article. I realize that you could be doing a number of things other than consuming my content. I also want to thank you, because by participating, you are helping me fulfill my dream to share my message with others. 
        Today was the day of many small moments that help me realize that timing is everything. It doesn’t really matter if it’s timing for job or living in a certain place, timing always seems to be a key player. It’s funny because good timing happens in two ways. It happens because you’re always there which is something to be proud of, or because you were lucky enough to be there. I ask myself all the time which I think is better. Unfortunately, I have yet to come up with a consistent answer. Mainly because, I love to talk about being there all the time, but my life leans heavily toward being lucky. I also ask myself do I even really care. Regardless, I think that I have benefited from timing to living at this point in American history.
        We are living in a time where there is a massive shift in wealth happening , although it’s not representative of the demographic make up. Regardless, The shift is a very big deal that will have very real impact. The impact will be felt by all those who have survived and or benefited from the way things used to be. The shift has also open the door for many people of color to not except less. I am the first to admit that I am one of those beneficiaries. So, I feel an overwhelming responsibility to make sure that the doors of opportunity are not closing anytime soon. I am confidant Iwill accomplish this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment